Hmmm… so many words pop up when thinking about this time of year: the holidays. Thanksgiving has come & gone, but the opportunity to be grateful & express our gratitude is there every day. I am still beginning my day by giving thanks for another beautiful day of life. This has definitely made getting out of bed easier as I have been battling the strong desire to hibernate ever since the time change.
Tangent. The point is, the holidays bring up many different things for all of us. This time of year is an interesting blend of magical traditions & chaos. One thing I am doing this year to enhance the enjoyment of gift giving & reduce the stress around the holidays is DIY gifting. Getting creative, recycling supplies, crafting gifts unique as the individual within the comfort of home – it’s a win, win, win!
With Pinterest at our fingertips, DIY has never been easier! Here are some of my favorite homemade gift ideas (spoiler alert – some of you may be receiving one of these gifts from me this year!):
- COOKIES – I want to try this Paleo Peppermint Fudge Recipe!!
- Sugar Scrub – indulgent & simple! (check out 6 recipes with detailed directions)
- Jerky – turns out you can do it on low in the oven if you don’t have a dehydrator!
- “Gratitude Granola” … or any granola 🙂 Try this recipe from Oh She Glows.
- Sunflower Seed Butter (or you can try any nut butter: peanut, almond, cashew…)
- Kombucha – hey, it’s tasty, affordable & healthful!
- Mix Tape… or whatever the modern Mp3 version of this is (I miss the simple days)!
- Slippers… anyone else have fond memories of grandma gifting these? We got knitted ones with yarn bobbles. Here is a simpler version that’d be fun for kids!
- A good book… great for white elephant & gift exchanges. Because recommended books are best, so even if they are a little loved – pass them on!
- Vanilla Extract – I love receiving this one! DIY Flavored Extract Recipes
- Advent Calender – fun & unique holiday tradition
- Mason Jar with just about anything in it! (Check out these cute ideas!)
- Photobook – I love Shutterfly & they ALWAYS have coupon codes available!
- Art Supply Kit – or any “kit” (ice cream sundays, build a fort, scrapbooking, spa…)
- Original jewelry – check out this spin on friendship bracelets (hint hint: I want one!)
- Neck Wrap/Heating Pad – fill with rice & add some essential oils
BONUS: Surprise Balls – Looks fun for kids or stocking stuffers!!
Here another post with 65 cool DIY ideas… “65 Amazing Homemade Christmas Gifts”
Share your ideas with us!!
May your gift giving me unique, generous & full of love. Happy Holidays!!