Wow – 29 years. Seems so long. And so short. All at once. Old or young, one thing is for sure, I have a lot of love in my life. I feel so very blessed & want to take a moment to reflect on this beautiful birthday weekend & all the gratitude I feel for the people in my life.
My birthday weekend (yes, I celebrated for three days instead of one) has served as a powerful reminder of who I am. Specifically what I value & look for in relationships: connection, trust, & mutual understanding. I chose to spend my birthday (weekend) doing things I love and having so many people show up & show me love has left me feeling understood, appreciated & so very grateful.
I sort of think I am too old for gifts. But then, are we ever too old for anything? Nah! I was surprised & grateful for all the gifts I received this year and they were a fun reflection of who I am & the relationships I have with the people I love.
- Fresh, colorful flowers
- handmade: card, jewelry, food (BBQ, salads, dips, sweets, treats & a fruit platter aka “fruit loot”), drinks, a hoop (yes, a hula hoop), purse
- farm fresh local cuisine
- vino & mittens (wine & fashion are fun b/c choosing these myself can be work!!)
- framed photograph
- beach, picnic & play with the best company
- scratchers – I’m feeling lucky!!
- reflexology/massage (ok, that one may have been a “happy birthday to me” gift)
- vintage style glassware
- journal – a place to set goals, self-reflect & express gratitude
- upcoming dates & travel (I guess I’ll be celebrating longer after all!)
- cooked & cleaned for all weekend – ahh 🙂
- lots of hugs, laughs & love
I love receiving & giving gifts that are useful, edible, experiences & a true reflection of a person &/or relationship. I definitely feel that my friends & family understand who I am. And feeling understood, appreciated & connected is the real gift. Thank you to everyone who has showered me with love this weekend & always – I am truly blessed & thankful.
What do you look for when giving or appreciate when receiving a gift?