Happy Tuesday! If you were thinking it was already Wednesday (like I was until mid-morning when someone burst my bubble) – sorry! The good news is we made it through Monday & it is DIY DAY! That means I have some awesome, clean-living, do-it-yourself recipes to share!
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Foaming Hand Wash
- Body Wash
The beautiful thing about all of these recipes is that they are EASY (& arguably fun) to make, have effective cleansing properties, & reduce the toxins we are exposed to at home! Instead of damaging the air we breathe & our water supply with the chemicals used in standard cleaning products – these DIY recipes use essential oils (from plants) that have been used throughout history & have lots of positive side effects (check out my post about essential oils for an overview).
All Purpose Cleaner
- 16oz glass bottle with spray top (mine came from aromatools.com)
- 8 oz white vinegar (I re-used this empty glass jar for my body wash)
- 8 oz water (preferably distilled…but I tend to use whatever is handy)
- 10-20 drops certified therapeutic grade essential oils: Melaleuca, Lemon & Oregano
- Mix water, vinegar & oils in spray bottle & shake before each use.
- Spray & wipe clean 🙂
- All three of these essential oils are an excellent choice for cleaning bathrooms & kitchens.
- Lemon is great for tackling grease & freshening with the added benefit of mood elevation – it’s good to smile while you clean!
- Oregano & Melaleuca are powerhouse oils for combatting seasonal & environmental threats.
Contact me for more information on purchasing certified therapeutic grade essential oils.